Mentors who are:
• 21 years or older
• Responsive to phone &/or email
• Caring and tolerant towards difference
• Effective communicators and leaders
A mentor commits to:
• spending 2 hours per month connecting with a student (both in person & virtually)
• checking in with a student about their academic progress
• assisting a student with goal setting and time management
• coaching a student through challenges
As a mentor at IDEA, you will receive:
• Volunteer orientation and mentor training
• On-going support and materials from IDEA
Mentors must complete the Dallas ISD Volunteer Registration (about 3 minute time commitment) at dallasisd.voly.org which has a 72-hour turn-around for background check.
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Reyes, our Community Liaison, by email email@example.com or by phone (972-794-6809).